Friday, January 20, 2012

Fallen by Lauren Kate


Cover: 4
Characters: 3
Plot: 3
Setting: 4
Writing: 4

SUMMARY
There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.


REVIEW
At first, I was browsing around, looking through all the options of new books I could possibly read, and this came up. The cover was so pretty that I really wanted to get it ASAP. And I got it, but it didn't meet all my expectations. First of all, throughout the entire book, I had that weird feeling that the book was meant to be set in first person instead of third person. It felt a little out of place, but I sort of got over it after a while.

As I was reading through it, I slowly got more and more confused. Ms. Kate kept us in the dark so often that I had to piece everything together very slowly and by then, I was feeling very confused and flustered with everything. This book was still extremely well written, but I just think that the book should have been written in first person and that Ms. Kate should have kept us out of the dark throughout the book.

Another thing was that Luce was...well...really...kind of...annoying. She was definitely a courageous-type character, but I thought that she was really nosy and I thought that was how she got into so much trouble in the end. She also seemed really gullible around Daniel. But otherwise, this was a really great book.

3 comments:

  1. Great review! New follower :)

    Books Ahoy
    www.books-ahoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I can see where you are coming from. This book wasn't really my favorite. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your review, very well though out (:

    New Follower

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and will read every last one (even if there are like a hundred, which I doubt) so feel free to comment!